There are various times that your laptop do not works properly and because of this reason you need find
out various ways so that it can work easily and even faster. You need to make sure that your laptop works
smoothly and for that you need to do factory reset on your laptop. We need to do the factory reset
Windows 7 Dell laptop to bring back to its old self and also you need to just follow some simple steps to
bring it back to the factory reset. The factory reset a Windows 7 Dell laptop is done if the operating
system is not working properly and then this resolves this issue most of the time.
What is a factory reset?
The factory reset is done in order to restore the laptop to the state when it was bought and also it will
uninstall all the installed programs. You can copy all the data to some other device so that you do not lose
the data that is important for you. So that is why you need to make sure that your operating system issue
can be resolved but it will not resolve the issues with the system completely.
Steps to factory reset a Windows 7 Dell laptop
You need to follow some simple steps when you want to do the factory reset of a Windows 7 Dell laptop
without any issue and by following the steps given below you can do so:-
- Make sure that your laptop is not connected to any printer, pen drive or any other device when
you want to do the factory reset.
- Now you download Dell Backup and the Recovery Application from their official website and then
you need to launch it on your laptop.
- Now you have to click on the Backup option and then there will be an option to enter System
- Then you need to click on Backup Now and this is done to back up all the data that you want to
- Now you need to go to the main interface click the Recovery and then Press Ctrl+ F8 key and
then you will go to the Advanced Settings and from there you need to choose the Troubleshoot
- The Dell Backup and Recovery will be seen on your laptop screen and after this you can start the
factory reset of Windows 7 Dell laptop.
- Make sure that nothing is connected to the laptop and then the Dell logo will come on to the
screen of the laptop and then you need to Press F8 after that 5 times immediately.
- Now you will get an access to the Advanced Boot options menu and then you do not have to login
and just directly power off the laptop.
- After this boot again and then repeat and after this you need to use the down arrow key and you
need to go to the option Repair your computer menu and after this just press enter.
- You will notice the System Recovery option on the screen and then you need to select the
language whichever you want to and then after this keyboard input method and then you need to
- Then the Administrator login appears where you need to enter the password and if you do not
know the password then you need to enter the Windows password key so that it can reset and
then you need to click OK to continue.
- Then the option of Dell factory Image Restore after that click on Next and then OK and then Dell
Factory Image Restore will be shown on the screen. Tap on Restart and then confirm Data
Deletion will appear and you need to tap on checkbox and then click on Next.
- When the restoring process is done the Success option will appear and then tap on the Finish
option. Now the laptop will start to reboot that is also on its own.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow when you need to do factory reset a Windows 7 dell
laptop. These steps are easy to follow and you will be able to do the factory reset of the Windows 7 Dell
laptop. You need to do this factory reset when you want that your laptop should run smoothly.
The laptop loses it efficiency with time and that is the reason that factory reset is important which is why
you need to do this and make sure that you follow these steps easily. The factory reset will not solve all
the issues of your laptop but still it will make the laptop running properly. You need to take proper care of
the laptop which is why you need to make sure how to do this.